iPhone/iPad Sync isssue with 'Dive Site'

Discussions about the smartphone versions
AuzzieDiver

iPhone/iPad Sync isssue with 'Dive Site'

Post by AuzzieDiver »

I have a strange problem. The Sync between my iPhone Diving Log 1.5 and Windows 7 Diving Log 5.02 works fine except for one issue. If I Sync from the computer to the iPhone the newly imported Logbook has most of the 'Dive Site' entries mismatched with the incorrect dives. Going from iPhone to Computer works fine. Anyone got any ideas?

By the way I love this program :mrgreen:
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: iPhone/iPad Sync isssue with 'Dive Site'

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you very much! This is a known issue of version 5.0.2 (and older) that can happen sometimes. Please send me your desktop logbook file to info (at) divinglog.de and I'll fix the dive sites for you automatically. Then update to version 5.0.3 beta, where this should not happen anymore: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=784

Kind regards,
Sven
AuzzieDiver

Post by AuzzieDiver »

That's great thanks Sven. No need to fix the current log, I'll grab the new beta. Thank's again for the great software, it's the best diving log program I've used.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for your kind words! It works only, if you have still the correct logbook on the iPhone and when you sync it back to the new beta. But when the wrong dive sites are already on your iPhone, the new beta cannot fix the problem automatically, it will just prevent the problem in future. So I still have to fix your logbook file in that case.
AuzzieDiver

Post by AuzzieDiver »

No problem. I just created a new .mdb with the beta and everything works great. Thanks again!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great to hear, I'm glad you got it fixed!

Cheers,
Sven
Diver56

Post by Diver56 »

Dear Sven,

I have the same problem. I have already download the beta version, but eacht time i syc with my iphone and ipad the dive site are stil disorded.

Kind regards

Chris Dekker
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Chris

Send me your logbook file and I'll fix the issues. The beta will just prevent it to happen again in the future, but it won't fix the existing wrong sites.

Kind regards,
Sven
SinNickD

Post by SinNickD »

Hi
I'm having this same problem and I've only just recently bought and updated the software (running 5.0.7)

After sync onto iPhone the divesites have all switched city/island info?

I've been using the software in demo mode since 4.0 and using it to store only each holidays dive info and converting it onto Suunto dive manager.
But as my dives are mounting up thought I'd do it properly.. all on one database.

thx
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This is an old problem and won't happen in future, but as your logbook file is from an older version the problem was there before. Send me your logbook file to info (at) divinglog.de and I'll fix it.
SinNickD

Post by SinNickD »

Thanks
Everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the Fix