Android sync broken

Discussions about the smartphone versions
froop

Android sync broken

Post by froop »

I've just tried for the first time to sync my Diving Log 5.0.3 to Android. Everything appears to work without errors (And the message "Logbook successfully transferred", but the dives.txt file that is generated is 0 bytes long. Diving Log also holds onto the file handle, so that I can't delete the txt file until I exit the application.

On a related note, is there any thought to getting the Android sync working with DropBox?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Android sync broken

Post by divinglog »

I cannot reproduce that here with an USB thumb drive (I don't have a Android phone), are you sure it worked in 5.0.2 for you? Same Android connection type? Can you try it again? If it still does not work, please send me your logbook file.

Regarding Dropbox: I can't answer this, but you can ask Rob this question. I'll contact him also and discuss if he wants to include it, but I assume he is currently working on more important features. Anyways, I've included the Dropbox sync in a way that everyone can join this type of sync and I hope it will be some time in the future a real platform independent sync across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Windows Phone (and mybe even the web). I try my best to convince other developers to join.
Swissdiving

Post by Swissdiving »

Hi there,
I got the same problem. When I synch to my HTC desire Diving Log tells me that the export was successful. When I try to restote the diving log import on the dive log on Android I get an SD card error from dive log, telling met to check the sync log. This tells me the sync was successful but thr log file.txt has 0 bytes and is empty. I ve checked with Rob. He asked me to talk to you guys about this problem first.
Cheers

Swissdiving
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> OSTC N2 / 2201 <--
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I still cannot reproduce the problem, but try to close Diving Log after sending the logbook to the storage card and before restoring it in Android Dive Log.

Kind regards,
Sven