Diving Log to iPhone Sync Problem

Discussions about the smartphone versions
pointybeard

Diving Log to iPhone Sync Problem

Post by pointybeard »

I purchased both Diving Log 5 after putting a bunch of dives and associated information into the Dive Log iPhone app. Syncing to Diving Log works fine, all the data appears correctly and everything is associated properly from what I can tell (except for some initial mismatching of IDs, which was covered in another forum topic). I am running into problems though when I try to sync back to the iPhone.

Specifically, no changes made in Diving Log appear on the iPhone. I tried adding/editing equipment, dives etc. yet they never appear on the iPhone when I sync. I also tried wiping the iPhone data, thinking it might have been something to do with creating on the iPhone first, and attempted to sync back to the iPhone and again, no data is sent.

Any idea why my syncing appears to only happen in 1 direction?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Diving Log to iPhone Sync Problem

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You probably have not tapped on the green button on the iPhone after the transfer, which will open the new logbook on the phone. Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Kind regards,
Sven
pointybeard

Re: Diving Log to iPhone Sync Problem

Post by pointybeard »

Oh wow, you're right. Silly me. I kept interpreting the button as "start a new log book" :oops:

Thanks for clearing that up!