New User of Android App

Discussions about the smartphone versions
cpn

New User of Android App

Post by cpn »

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the Diving Log app to my HTC Desire (I have been using Dive log 5.0 on my pc for a while now) and I can't seem to get it to sync the data from my pc to my HTC.... I have a strong feeling that there's something I am doing wrong.

I'm connecting the HTC to the pc via USB and then have clicked the ' Sync/Android' button in DL5.0. Firstly, a dialog box pops up with an error message saying "The Microsoft Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query or 'Switchboard'. Make sure it exists and the name is spelt correctly." If I click ok on this dialogue box, the DL5.0 Android sync interface opens and prompts me to select a folder. I then select the folder on my pc where my dive log is stored and I'm presented with the two options to save-to-phone or import-from phone. I click 'save-to-phone' and after a few seconds I get a message saying "log book successfully transferred." But, when I open the Dive Log app on my phone, there's no dives or data there.

Whilst surfing the web, I read something about the data being saved to the SD card of the phone, so I did try opening the app, selecting 'exchange' and then selecting 'restore log from memory card'. Unfortuntately this only results in an error message on the HTC stating: see/sdcard/divelog/import.log

Could someone please help? I've tried to find a user guide or set up/starter guide for the android app on the web but had no luck.

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: New User of Android App

Post by divinglog »

Hi

In this thread there are a few explanations how it works. Basically it is:

- Connect your phone so you can see the SD Card as drive letter in Windows Explorer
- Start Dive Log on Android phone
- Open the sync dialog in Diving Log 5.0
- Diving Log should recognize the connected SD Card, otherwise click the blue link and browse to the "Dive Log" folder on the SD card manually
- Click "Send to phone"
- In Android Dive Log select "Restore Log from Memory Card"

Please let me know if you get the error "The Microsoft Jet Database engine..." again and send me the detailed error message from the error dialog.

Kind regards,
Sven
frankaloia

Post by frankaloia »

I'm able to setup the sync in Divelog 5 just fine and copy the data to j:\DiveLog\dives.txt however when I attempt to perform the restore step I get the following error:

Restore Incomplete See MNT/SDCARD/divelog/import.log

I also noticed from the phone if I attempt to use the "Export dive as CSV file" or "Backup Log to Memory Card" option I get a save failed error.

Can someone help me understand what I might be doing wrong?
frankaloia

Post by frankaloia »

Forced reset of the phone seemed to fix the problem.
theojt

Post by theojt »

I am experiencing the same error. However, If I open the log file, it looks like it completed normally and the data seems to be there, so I'm not worried about it. Can you explain "forced reset of the phone" - did you boot into recovery and do a "factory reset" or something else?