Linux and Diving Log

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
mczee

Linux and Diving Log

Post by mczee »

Hi.

I'm using Diving Log 4.0 in Windows 7 without any problem. The problem is that Windows is not my primary OS. I have tried installing Diving Log i Ubuntu with WINE with no success. I would like to have Diving Log on my Ubuntu. I'm only keeping Windows because of Diving Log.
Will Diving Log be released for linux/ubuntu?

Regards,
Arve Solli
Norway
mczee

Re: Linux and Diving Log

Post by mczee »

Or has somebody manage to install Diving Log in linux/ubuntu?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Arve

The upcoming Diving Log 5.0 is a full .NET application, so it is maybe somewhere in the future possible to create a Mono version for Linux. But Diving Log still contains a lot of Windows only features, so it would be very complicated and a lot of work. I'm sorry that this will not happen in the near future, because there are too many other things to do for the moment and I don't have the capacities.

Best regards,
Sven
lvomvo

Post by lvomvo »

Reviving a very old thread, I was successful in getting Diving Log 6.0 to install and run on debian jessie.

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine winetricks winbind
sudo apt-get remove wine64
winetricks dotnet40 mdac28 jet40
wine Divinglog60.exe

YMMV of course, and I haven't tried out all the features, but the above steps worked for what I wanted (open DivingLog.mdb, import/export of different file formats)

Safe diving,

L
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you very much for the information, that is good news! I will certainly try this myself. Do you think this will also work in other distributions like Ubuntu?