Cylinder sizes\rebreather's

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Mutley

Cylinder sizes\rebreather's

Post by Mutley »

First i would like to say what a great program this is, very pleased with it. :D One question i have is, on the logbook page there is the facility to enter cylinder size, however, there does not seem to be the possibility of entering if it is a Twin Set or a Reabreather! Am i mising something or is this not available. If not, it would be nice to see in the next version.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Cylinder sizes\rebreather's

Post by divinglog »

Thank you very much! :) Yes, unfortunately it is currently not yet possible to enter twin tanks or rebreather. You would need to enter a double 10 liter as 20 liter at the moment, in order to calculate the SAC correctly. But a better tank management will be included as soon as version 5.0 is out, which will be soon (next week a first alpha will be released).
Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Great, I look forward to seeing and using the finished product! :)
DiverMike

Post by DiverMike »

Does diving log 5 allow for two different cylinders with different gasses in? I'm a rebreather diver and dive with a 3L cylinder of oxygen and a 3L cylinder of air and a dive will use different amounts of each gas. In the APD dive log software I can track multiple gasses, but only one is imported in to the dive log 4.0 demo. I like the dive log software you have written as it makes it possible to create a customer output template and print to pdf exactly the info I want in the way I want (apart from the second gas cylinder).
If you do add this feature it might be good to do it in a way that supports more than two different gases - for those CCR divers who switch mix on a dive.

Cheers
Mike
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Mike

Yes, this is a highly requested feature and it is on top of my list. Unfortunately it is currently not yet build in as it is part of a bigger database upgrade which must happen simultaneous on the iPhone and desktop and version 5.0 delayed everything a bit.

Kind regards,
Sven