Abnormal program termination

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
awolski

Abnormal program termination

Post by awolski »

I've been using Diving Log since January and haven't had this kind of problem before. When using the Suunto Downloader today, it will go through the whole process and then after reaching "Downloading Dive Profiles 100%" I get an "Abnormal program termination" error. I've made at least 5 attempts at this and even restarted my computer. I did exceed dive #100 this weekend, if that means anything. My dive log is at the current version and I am using Windows Vista v6.0 (build 6002: Service Pack 2). I can post the error logfile if that helps. Any thoughts?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Abnormal program termination

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You can try to download the latest Suunto Downloader from James: SuuntoXMLNewDownloader.zip

Extract this zip file into the Diving Log program folder. If this also doesn't work, please email the error logfile to James Connell or me (I'll forward it).

Kind regards,
Sven
awolski

Post by awolski »

That did the trick! Thanks!
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

Hi, Sven!
I got this error also. After some dive saw "Abnormal program termination". I downloaded latest version SuuntoXML.exe - result is the same. I tried to use "Downloader" - got a strange depth (144 m) in my dive profile. "Suunto Dive Manager" downloads dive profiles perfect.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can try an older version of James downloader, which was included in Diving Log 4.0. Extract the zip file into the Diving Log program folder.

Kind regards,
Sven
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

No, I try this version and newer - don't work.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Maybe there is just some faulty data in the Suunto memory, which could disapear after the next dive. You can use Suunto Dive Manager in the meantime and import from there to Diving Log. And you can also send a current memory dump to Jef: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1296

Kind regards,
Sven
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

I have some dives after - error not disappear. Problem appear only with Suunto Downloader - why I need send memory dump to Jef? Maybe send it to author of Suunto downloader?