Ocean logs

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
boboxx

Ocean logs

Post by boboxx »

Hello,

I was looking around for a better software for my dive computer and found Diving log. I have an Aeris XR-2 and really like the simplicity so far.
I was wondering if there was any plan to have a native Oceanlog import?

Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Ocean logs

Post by divinglog »

Hello

Yes, it is planned to use the libdivecomputer library in future to download directly from some supported Oceanic devices. But I cannot tell you yet a timespan when I can include this feature.

Kind regards,
Sven
boboxx

Post by boboxx »

Hello,

Has there been any progress on this with version 5?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The current plan is to include more dive computers later this year.

Kind regards,
Sven
John

Post by John »

Just like to cast my vote for this, I use the oceanic VT3 so does my wife and 1 other I know of that uses Dive Log 5 and iphone dive log.
Thanks for the great work and really appreciate the support.

Cheers
John
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

I'll second that vote. My Oceanic VEO-250 is supported in that library and I''d LOVE to be able to finally put OceanLog away for good. :)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, I will add new downloaders in the near future, but unfortunately I cannot tell currently a specific time frame.
IvanM

Post by IvanM »

John,
will you please help me? I am using VT3 and my wife uses VEO250. I have no idea how to download data directly into Diving log. I am doing it via Oceaniclog...

Thanks

Ivan
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

Ivan,

I use a Oceanic VEO-250 as well. Right now the way this works is that you have to use the Ocean Log software that is available from the Oceanic website in order to download your dive profile data. Save that data in the Oceanic logs. After you finish your imports, open DL5, and look for the import feature. In there, you will see an option for Ocean Log. It will ask you to select the log file that Ocean Log writes your profile data to. Select that file, and start the import. Temperature and Depth data comes right over, as well as dive times, etc.

I've seen the dive computer library in use in other packages - when DL5 gets that feature, this process will no longer be needed and hopefully we can put away Ocean Log for good. Until then, this process is the best method for getting Oceanic data into DL5.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Direct download is now available: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=627
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

I downloaded profiles from a Oceanic VT-3 directly into DL 5.0.2 last night. Worked flawlessly. This is a huge update. Fantastic work!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, I'm really happy to have this finally done!
boboxx

Post by boboxx »

I just tried it on my Aeris XR2, it was able to download all the dives but it left my computer in a download mode... I had to remove the battery to reset it.
TnT

Post by TnT »

This is not supposed to happen because after the transfer, a disconnect instruction is send to the dive computer. Was there maybe an error somewhere during the transfer?
boboxx

Post by boboxx »

No there where no error, not sure why it's happening...