Certification Image Sizes

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
gcparris

Certification Image Sizes

Post by gcparris »

Hi Sven, is there a recommended image size for Certiciation images? I've loaded in some scanned images of 500x320 pixels in size but they appear jagged when shown in the certifcation screen as smaller images.

Cheers,
Gareth.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Certification Image Sizes

Post by divinglog »

Hi Gareth

There is no recommended size, simply try to resize the images a little bit in a graphic application. In version 5.0 I think I add a function to view the original size, so maybe it is worth to keep the full size images as well.

Cheers,
Sven
gcparris

Post by gcparris »

Thanks Sven, I've just found out too that they are not stored in the database either :) Not a problem but I initially though it was a bug after I deleted the original directory of images!
Cheers,
Gareth.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, currently they are only linked. In the iPhone version they are already stored in the database, in Diving Log 5.0, too.

Cheers,
Sven
samward

Post by samward »

divinglog wrote:Yes, currently they are only linked. In the iPhone version they are already stored in the database, in Diving Log 5.0, too.

Cheers,
Sven
I don't know if its possible or not, but it would be great if Diving Log and the iPhone version used the same images, rather than maintaining 2 sets of images (or is that what you were refering to above).

Cheers
Sam
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Sam

Yes, this is what I meant. The iPhone Dive Log stores the images directly in the database and they are also synced back to the PC. But Diving Log 4.0 can't display them, because on the Desktop the images are only linked. But version 5.0 supports both methods and also stores the (certification) images directly in the database so they show up on the iPhone.

Cheers,
Sven