SAC Rate

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
sffrenchman

SAC Rate

Post by sffrenchman »

How does Diving Log calculate SAC rates since when there is no place to enter the tank working pressure?
Thanks.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: SAC Rate

Post by divinglog »

You can enter the working pressure if you click the little drop down arrow on the right side of the "End pressure" field.
sffrenchman

Post by sffrenchman »

Thanks. Is there a way to add a particular tank size and type in the size pull down menu so that the working pressure gets populated automatically? For example, I use steel LP 85s and there is nothing that match in the size pull down menu.
Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can enter any value in the tank size field, you don't have to select a value from the drop down.
froop

Post by froop »

Are there any plans to enhance SAC calculations to support multiple cylinders? Would be nice to see start and end pressures, ave depth, gas mix, time spent, and SAC for each cylinder when carrying stages. A multiple gas air-integrated computer could tell all the information, but since I don't own one, being able to manually enter the switch times would work just as well.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, multiple tank (and gas) support is definitely planned for version 5.0.
gvdhaak

Post by gvdhaak »

Why is working pressure shown when Metric is selected. As far as I understand is working pressure not used for metric. Or am I mistaken?

Gerbrand
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes it is ignored when using metric units, but it is not hidden.
sffrenchman

Post by sffrenchman »

I just noticed that the SAC rates displayed on the Dives/SAC bar graphs are totally different from the rates calculated for each dives. Any explanation for this?
Thanks,

Christophe
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Christophe

Please try it in Diving Log 5.0, this should be fixed already.

Thank you, kind regards,
Sven
alexher78

Post by alexher78 »

divinglog wrote:Yes, multiple tank (and gas) support is definitely planned for version 5.0.
I've downloaded the 5.0 version and I've imported from 4.0 database. How can you add a second or third tank to the dive?

best regards,

Alex
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Alex

I'm sorry, this is still not yet included. It took a long time to recreate everything from version 4.0 and I do not want to delay the initial 5.0 release any further. Currently the database update (which is required for such data) is planned for version 5.0.1. I know many users are waiting for the technical dive features and I'm working as quick as possible. But I have to get the basics working first, before implementing new features. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

Sven
alexher78

Post by alexher78 »

divinglog wrote:Hi Alex

I'm sorry, this is still not yet included. It took a long time to recreate everything from version 4.0 and I do not want to delay the initial 5.0 release any further. Currently the database update (which is required for such data) is planned for version 5.0.1. I know many users are waiting for the technical dive features and I'm working as quick as possible. But I have to get the basics working first, before implementing new features. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

Sven
Hey Sven,

ok at least it's coming out. Anyways I've been using 5.0 de RC2 and it looks great. congrats. can't wait for the final version.

best regards,

Alex
alexher78

Post by alexher78 »

divinglog wrote:Hi Alex

Sven
Hey Sven,

Sorry to bother you with this issue again but I have two questions. I use a suunto D9 and in the log book I put in the in and out pressures, and it gives me the SAC even on each tank when I'm diving with multiple. it also gives me a individual tank profile for each tank (dive time, AVG depth, SAC rate, Etc. Etc.) are you planning on setting something like that up for the new version?

And the second question is, when I import my dives from DM to DL, the SAC rate DM gives me never is the same as DL. Why is that? And which is correct?

Best Regards,

Alex
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Alex

Yes, multiple tank and gas support is planned. The SAC rate can differ a bit depending on how the average depth is calculated. Diving Log uses all depth points of the profile, including zero values. Some applications use only depth values greater than zero.

Kind regards,
Sven