SAC Rate

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
alexher78

Re: SAC Rate

Post by alexher78 »

divinglog wrote:Hi Alex

Yes, multiple tank and gas support is planned. The SAC rate can differ a bit depending on how the average depth is calculated. Diving Log uses all depth points of the profile, including zero values. Some applications use only depth values greater than zero.

Kind regards,
Sven
Ok thanks Sven
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

Just a thought with regards to SAC rates, multiple gases and switching.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to determine the SAC rate for different stages of the dive for use in dive planning. For example, I'm diving to 45 metres with air on my back and using EAN50 from 21m on the ascent and EAN100 at 6m.

It would be really nice if there was a way for me to tell Diving Log how to break up the dive into sections (e.g. descent, bottom, ascent, deco) and then have it show me the SAC rates for each section.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
billm

Post by billm »

Hi All,

I've done something very similar, a small utility of my own to graph the SAC rate during the whole dive, rather than just the average.

Sven,

You're welcome to the code if it is of any use.

Kind Regards
Bill
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Bill

That looks great, in which language is this coded?

Best regards,
Sven
billm

Post by billm »

divinglog wrote:Hi Bill

That looks great, in which language is this coded?

Best regards,
Sven
Hi Sven,

It's in Delphi 6 (object pascal) but the general functionality should be easy to follow or translate to another language. It reads directly from the OceanLog mdb file for the data. If you're not familiar with Delphi I could probably translate it to VB or pseudocode or something.

Kind Regards
Bill
Balanus

Post by Balanus »

When I have been diving my twin 12L setup I have just set 24L in Dive Log 5.0 as the cylinder size thus overcoming the lack of having a twin cylinder option