diving profiles of multible Divecomputers on same dive possi

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
FranzXR

diving profiles of multible Divecomputers on same dive possi

Post by FranzXR »

Hi,

until now I do have only a Suunto Cobra. However I am planning to purchase a VR3, too. I plan to carry both computers on each dive. Would it be possible to import from both computers and show in the profile both graphs of both computers for the same dive?

Or the question phrased differently, will it be possible to combine the two profiles of the very same dive of both computers, so that the profile data of both computers will be showed in the profile? :cry:

Regards
Franz
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Franz

Comparing dive profiles (or displaying them in one graph at the same time) is currently unfortunately not possible. You can import both computers into the same logbook file or into 2 different logbook files and then start 2 instances of Diving Log and switch via taskbar.

Kind regards,
Sven
FranzXR

Re: diving profiles of multible Divecomputers on same dive p

Post by FranzXR »

Hi Sven,

I have not posted any answer for quite some time. But now I have seen Version 5 and I still miss the functionality to load different profiles of different dive computers for the very same dive, into the Logbook. In the meantime I have my Cobra, the VR3 and a MK2. And on very deep dives I have all three with me. Usually every computer will give me some kind of different information, the Cobra gives me more exact dive time and profile data, the VR3 has the gas switch information (OK, gas switch information is currently also not in the Profile information ... :x ) and the MK2 has more detailed data for temperature and is in the diving time not so far of as the VR3.

I have a sample Loogbook with 3 dives and data from all 3 dive computers. I tried to attach this logbook. There you can see what I mean and why I am asking for this feature. (You could syncronize the profiles with the first occurance of the "max. deep" value, this would be very accurate. You would need this beacuse all three computers start differently and stop differently...)

Here is the link to the sample logbook, attaching it did not work...
[url]http://cid-19a8419eec6d3039.office.live ... ogbook.mdb[/url]

Regards
Franz
ChilledDiver

Post by ChilledDiver »

this feature (mapping dive profiles from varíous dive computers into one chart, including gas changes) would be very useful for comparison and analysis. Usually I always have at least a second (sometimes third computer) with me for redundancy and noticed that measures sometimes vary quite a lot (up to 2 meters)..
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'll see if I can include such a feature in future.

Kind regards,
Sven
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Old thread, but this is definitely something I'd like to be able to do as well (second table for other computers). I dive with two computers at all times and having them both would be a big plus...
Andrew Forget
PADI IDC Staff Instructor 212158
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This is a very complicated topic and won't be easily to implement. The profile functionality is very complex with many involved functions, and a 2nd or 3rd profile will make it even more complicated. Just some profile related things:

- SAC rate
- Gas switches
- Average depth
- Max and Min values of the profile drawing surface will be different
- Profile is splitted into 5 separate DB fields

So there are many things to consider and it will be not easy to implement it.
FranzXR

Post by FranzXR »

Hi,

from a database perspective this is not hard to do, you just need a seperate table for the profile information and a one to many relationship between the DiveHeader- and DiveProfile table. You might have mixed this infomation all together in one table which makes life now a little harder for the transition phase, but implementing it in the database is easy. However I agree, changing the frontend to adress the changed DB schema is more work.

However, if I look at what you have added and changed from version 4.0 to version 5.0 then the changes to implement this requested feature is not that much work, it just need the proper priority... :?:

Regards
Franz