Metric - Imperial import problem

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
bcwolfen

Metric - Imperial import problem

Post by bcwolfen »

I'm sorry if this qustions has been answered before, but I searched for import errors, imperial, pclogbook and could not find the answer in any thread.

I just purchased my copy of Divelog 4.0.10 and have imported my dives from PCLogbook 4.00.00.

I am assuming the PClog book is exporting my depth in imperial units (feet), Divelog is then importing the same numbers as metres. So my dives show as having max depths of 100m. When I set my preferences to be imperial the dives now show max depths of 300'.

I even tried to set my preferences to imperial before importing the data, but had the same result. Is there a way to get around this? A setting I am missing somewhere?

Thank you
Gerald
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

I believe Diving Log stores all values internally as metric. Can you export your old log in metric units?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Gerald

Yes, as reefhound suggested switching PCLogbook to metric units before exporting will fix that problem. You can leave Diving Log with imperial units during the import, that doesn't matter.

I must add an option during the import where you can select units of the export file, so you don't need to switch the PCLogbook units.
bcwolfen

Post by bcwolfen »

Ahh problem solved.
I didn't even think to switch the units in PCLogBook.
Everything looks good now.

Thank you