Suunto Vyper not importing temperature

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
phillik

Suunto Vyper not importing temperature

Post by phillik »

Hi, first dives this year. The two new downloaded profiles did not include transfer of water temperature!
I have a Suunto Vyper, Custom Idea USB cable on Com10 in Windows Vista

Checking the Download again, no temperatures are shown in the Suunto Download selector.

I can enter these manually and the profile data is transferred. Has something changed in the last upgrade?

Regards
|/
|\enny
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

Hi,

What version of the downloader are you using? There was a bug in a recent release that caused that problem.
Go here: http://liquidimagephoto.com/SuuntoTools ... loader.zip
This is the latest version and has that bug fixed.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
phillik

Post by phillik »

Thanks for such a quick reply!
I am using .net2 Suunto downloader 1.0.0.9
Downloader 2.9.7.1

I see that the new version is 2.9.8.2 and will try again tonight.

Regards
|/
|\enny
phillik

Post by phillik »

James, sorry but no change. Using .net 2 version 2.9.8.2 the temperature is not displayed in the list.

I tried using the other Suunto Transfer and after the transfer it gave "Error Number: 1"

I am using COM10 at the moment with a Custom Ideas Cable.

Regards
|/
|\enny
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Kenny

You mean the normal water temperature value, not the temperature in the dive profile? The column is displayed after the download, but it is empty. Is this correct? Is it only missing on the last 2 dives or is it missing on all downloaded dives?

Sven
phillik

Post by phillik »

Sven, The column for temperature is blank in the Suunto Downloader. I only noticed when I came to fill in the log and I had to input water temperature. I have made a new test.mdb and tried again without success.

I am using the DM 4.0.10 and the suunto downloader 2.9.8.2 (1.0.0.9)

Let me know if you need the test.mdb

Many Thanks
|/
|\enny
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Kenny

No, it has nothing to do with the mdb file. But in your "Documents\Diving Log" folder a file "SuuntoXML.xml" should be present. You can send me this file to find the problem.

Thank you!
Sven
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

Kenny and Sven,

I can't find anything wrong in the Downloader. I may not understand the problem, But the output from my Vytec is as it should be, Except for the profile display in DL - it doesn't shut off the "slow" violation. The entire last half of the profile is in red.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi James

I fixed that slow violation problem in an update which can be downloaded here. Extract the zip file into the Diving Log program folder.

I'll take a look at Kennys XML file to see if the temperature is there and why it is possibly not parsed by Diving Log. But I tried the other Vytec data I have and can't find any problems so far.

Sven
phillik

Post by phillik »

Sven

I have emailed the file and a screenshot to you. It looks like the data is in XML file. <suunto:temperature start="11" atdepth="8" end="7" /> but was also not loaded into the log. Please do not laugh at my last 2 profiles :oops:

Regards
|/
|\enny
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

Has there been any resolution to his issue? I am also not getting the water temperature imported to my log, and I have verified the data is in the XML file.
phillik

Post by phillik »

I stopped using the .net downloader and used the latest normal suunto downloader from thias site and it seemed to start working.
|/
|\enny
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please download these 2 updates and extract them into the Diving Log program folder:

https://www.divinglog.de/english/download/Downloader.zip
http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/S ... loader.zip

These updates are for the .NET downloader which is used by the link in the left menu. But the temperature problem should be fixed there.