Newbie Downloading from a VT3

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
sharks1965

Newbie Downloading from a VT3

Post by sharks1965 »

Hi, I have just purchased diving log 4 yesterday after owning a VT3 for less than a week. I was instantly unimpressed with ocean log. For the really stupid can you tell me if I can download directly from the VT3 to Diving Log or do I have to go to Oceanlog and then transfer to Diving Log? As you can see having a new computer as well as new software is a challenge. I did however transfer my Tusa IQ700 files across as well as the 2 VT3 dives I have done without a problem i just don't want to double handle downloads if possible.

Thanks,

Dave
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

A direct download from the VT3 is at the moment unfortunately not possible, so you have to download with Oceanlog and then import.

Kind regards,
Sven
tscheven

Re: Newbie Downloading from a VT3

Post by tscheven »

Hi Sven,

I take it a VT3 is still not directly supported, even in DL5?

If that's the case, do you have an ETA if/when direct download will be supported?

Thanks,

Todd.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Downloading from a VT3

Post by divinglog »

Hi Todd

Yes, unfortunately direct downloading is still not included for the VT3. I try to add more devices this year, but I have many things to work on and direct downloading is kind of "nice to have" but not "must have", because importing from Oceanlog is available. I know it's more comfortable, but other missing features are actually more blocking.

Kind regards,
Sven