It's working fine now.

but it doesn't import the tank preassure from the Vytec :(
Diving Log 4.0.11, Suunto Vytec DS, phpDivingLog 2.2
++++++++++++++
Mein Online-Logbuch
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Do you mean the tank pressure in the profile or the start / end pressure values? If the data is in the XML file I can import it, if it's not there then James can say if its possible or not.
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

divinglog wrote:Do you mean the tank pressure in the profile or the start / end pressure values?
The older model Suuntos that offer pressure information (Cobra and Vytec) do not save pressure samples in the profile. They only save the Initial pressure from the start of the dive and the Residual pressure at the end of the dive.
Only the New models ( D9 and Cobra2 ) save pressure samples.

[edit] And, there is a bug in the new version that seems to be preventing the pressures from being reported. [\edit]
Last edited by James Connell on Thu Jan 17, 2008 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Sven,

Also with me it works very well !
I'm importing my dives now as I used to do.
Thanks a lot for all the work done !!!!!
B
phillik

Thanks, works fine now

Post by phillik »

Hi Sven, I had to update my Laptop from XP to Vista (it's a work thing, and I do have full administrative rights :wink: ) and I was worried that Diving Log would fail.

I am also using the CustomIdeas USB cable (driver version 4.40 on COM10) on a Suunto Vyper. The new Diving Log 4.0.9 import failed with error -1.
But it also failed on my XP desktop....

However, with 2.9.6.9 Suunto downloader .NET2 (correctly set as detailed in this thread to the AppData folder), it works. :).
Thanks guys.
|/
|\enny
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The problem was very simple. On Vista an application cannot write into it's own program folder when installed in "C:\Program Files\..."

Instead Vista redirects all file write functions into a virtual folder located at "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\..."

Normally this works well and the application doesn't recognize this redirect. The Suunto XML Downloader creates an XML file and this file was created into the virtual folder which worked for one year now since the Vista release, but with the last update the file access mode seams to be changed and the Downloader couldn't create the XML file in the virtual program folder anymore. So it was only necessary to change the location of the XML file where no redirect will happen, either the temp folder or better the Diving Log subfolder in Documents.