Some comfortable (IMHO) moments

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
dervish00

Some comfortable (IMHO) moments

Post by dervish00 »

1. I've got 3 divers in my family: me, wife and son. We dive usually together. Files of logbook are different. And for each I must enter Dive location (and City/Island, and Country). I think it's no good. Will be good idea have got common DB of divesites for all divers, who use this programm on the same PC.
2. Can you attach Dive location to City/Island and City/Island to Country? I.e. when I select Contry, in field City/Island I can select only these items, that belong to this Country. And the same for Dive locations...

Sorry for my English
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hello

You can exchange the dive location details (and the others, too) with other logbook files, if you choose File > Import > Diving Log. You don't need to select any dives to import, simply click "Next" and check only the detail data you want to import into another logfile.

The country, city and dive location dropdown fields are already attached, so if you enter a country only the cities will be displayed in the dropdown which are in the country. But I think you mean if you click the info symbol and link the dives with the detail information? Then you'll see all cities, but I can change this so that you see only the filtered data.

Sven
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

I don't understand where I can attach City/Island to Country. If I see to dialog "City/Island" - I see all cities/islands. When I adding new city/island I don't make binding to Country.

As for import only detail data: first time it's OK, but second, third, etc my data will be double (triple...). Each time import all divesites, all countries...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, in the detail dialogs there is no filtering at the moment (I'll add this in future), but when you open the dropdown lists in the logbook, the entries will be filtered already.

You're right with the import of the detailed data, I have to add a selection or another solution for better exchanging this data. I'll add this to the todo list.
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

divinglog wrote:Yes, in the detail dialogs there is no filtering at the moment (I'll add this in future), but when you open the dropdown lists in the logbook, the entries will be filtered already.

You're right with the import of the detailed data, I have to add a selection or another solution for better exchanging this data. I'll add this to the todo list.
ok. thanks.

But, as for filtering by dropdown list: yes, it works, but, if I make mistake any previous diverecord then it no work right. I think, your filter build on previous records, isn't it?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, it looks what cities were used with this country in previous dives.
dervish00

Re: Some comfortable (IMHO) moments

Post by dervish00 »

divinglog wrote:You're right with the import of the detailed data, I have to add a selection or another solution for better exchanging this data. I'll add this to the todo list.
It does not work till now? 4.0.12 - not work...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

No, unfortunately still not yet. Maybe I can include this in the Diving Log import function which is not yet converted to Diving Log 5.0. The feature request list is really long and lasts for years and this is not one of the most requested things, I'm sorry. But there is a good chance that I can make the Diving Log import function more fine tuned for version 5.0 to better exchange data.
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

ok. I will wait...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I released today an update which contains the import function for Diving Log logbook files. Now it is possible to exchange data between several logbook files. Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,
Sven
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

Very good, thanks!
But one moment: if I have too long list (for example, divesites) and mark item in the bottom of list, all list redraw and I stay on the top of list :) (I don't know, understand you my english or no :) )

How I can set folder where I want store folders "templates", "reports" and "layouts"? Default these folders store in "My documents", but I don't want use this folder.

In version 4.x when I fill in fields latitude and longitude near these fields locate small button for fill these fields right (degrees, minutes and seconds separately and "N-S", "E-W"). Why I can't see this small button in version 5?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

dervish00 wrote:But one moment: if I have too long list (for example, divesites) and mark item in the bottom of list, all list redraw and I stay on the top of list :) (I don't know, understand you my english or no :) )
Thanks for that hint, I've fixed now the bug in the final release :)
dervish00 wrote:How I can set folder where I want store folders "templates", "reports" and "layouts"? Default these folders store in "My documents", but I don't want use this folder.
This is currently unfortunately not possible. But you can store at least your reports and layouts anywhere on your computer, you just have to navigate in the open file dialog to the file and select it. Diving Log will remember the last used report and layout file. Template files must be in this place so that they could be found by Diving Log.
dervish00 wrote:In version 4.x when I fill in fields latitude and longitude near these fields locate small button for fill these fields right (degrees, minutes and seconds separately and "N-S", "E-W"). Why I can't see this small button in version 5?
This is unfortunately not included in version 5.0.0, but I want to add an improved solution in 5.0.1