buddy problem

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
onderduiker

buddy problem

Post by onderduiker »

I got a problem.
I imported everything from scubase with your program https://www.divinglog.de/english/downloa ... cubase.zip
But the fields country, city/island and divelocation are empty ??
And al the buddies are there, I can choose them in the field (arrow down).
But If I push the info button by the field there are nog buddies given.
And if I go to "logbook" and then to "details" and "buddies" still no buddies given ?? Can anyone help me ?[/url]
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This is version 1.0 of the Scubase import program, so not all data is currently imported. But I want to improve this in future versions.
onderduiker

Post by onderduiker »

I'll be patient :wink:
And I thought maybe it is possible to merge the buddies manual, because it looks like I have two databases with buddies after the import ?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

No, not 2 databases. In the dropdown field you can find all Buddies (or Countries, Places...) which are used in the logbook, even those which are not in the Detail window. This is, because you may dive with someone and you have only his name. So it doesn't make sense to enter him in the detailed window, simply write his name directly in the logbook window. If you have someone you dive more often with, you can create him in the detailed window and link him with the dive. These are 2 seperate methods of entering data, but all in one database.