Help files for Diving log.

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
shortcuts

Help files for Diving log.

Post by shortcuts »

Hi guys, new to the site and to the product.

Just wondering if I am missing something.

I can't seem to find any "help" files within the programme. Is there such a thing, or a short "getting started" type of manual/tutorial which gives an overview of how to use the programme?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi and welcome :)

Unfortunately I don't had the time to write a help file (I want to do this for a long time, but you know :oops: ). I have to decide either to develop new features for Diving Log or spend a lot of time writing a good documentation and I decided in the past to spend most of the time to include requested features.

So the best is to click through the program and test everything, you can read also some postings here in the forum or, if you still have questions, please feel free to ask here or write me an email.

Kind regards,
Sven
shortcuts

Post by shortcuts »

Thanks' for that and that is just what I am doing.
It's going to take a while however as, for some reason unknown to me, my dive computer (Suunto Vyper) has gone nuts and is downloading eroneous info in terms of times, dates and numbers of dives being all over the place so I am having to enter/edit them all by hand!!
The problem with that is I expect that the next time I do a download it is likely to redownload all the dives again as I am in the process of, amongst other things, re numbering them all.

Happy days!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Have you tried to download the Suunto with the Suunto Dive Manager? When entering a lot of dives by hand, the template system is a great help. You can watch a tutorial video here: Templates in Diving Log

When you download or import new dives you can select what dives should be imported into the logbook, so you can make sure that no double entries will be imported. Or you delete double entries afterwards. You can renumber and sort your logbook always with the menu "File > Logbook Maintenance > Sort Logbook"
shortcuts

Post by shortcuts »

Thank you very much indeed for that. I have just looked at the tutorial video. Very useful.
Yes I have SDM2. It's just a pain having to go through it all like this but, hey ho!