2 pages per log (double sided printing)

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Jo

2 pages per log (double sided printing)

Post by Jo »

Hi, just started using Diving Log (very good).
One of the functions I wanted was the report designer (Plus DL4 works with my homemade aladin interface!).

Is it possible to set up printing over two pages for a single dive; e.g. Main dive detail on the front (statistics, dive chart) and then a few photographs and some notes on the back?

I could print the front page of all dives, and then create a second layout file and print on the back as a manual duplex, but I have a duplex printer and it would be easier to do it all at once.

Anyone know if it is possible?
Thanks in advance!
Jo
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jo

Yes, this is possible. I've created a quick example where you can see how it works. You can download it here: Duplex.zip

- Create in the layer definition a layer with the display condition "Odd(Page())". Activate in the upper left corner of the designer the layer tab and right click into it and select "Layer Definition"

- Assign all objects which should be on the first page to this layer. (right click the selected objects)

- Select the first object which should be on the 2nd page of your report and set the property "Pagewrap Before" to true. It doesn't matter where on the page this object is located. It's important that this object is in the object list the first object of the 2nd page. You can reorder the objects with drag and drop in the object list. The printer will print the objects in this order, so before this object, the printer will do a pagewrap. Assign all objects which should be on the 2nd page to the base layer which is always visible (no display condition).

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.
Sven
Last edited by divinglog on Fri Jun 22, 2007 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Jo

Post by Jo »

Thank you! That should do it, I've tested the sample you sent by printing to a pdf writer and it works well. Just need to adapt my layout :)

It's for filofax sized paper for a BSAC training organiser, so not much space per page.

Thanks again!
Jo
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

If you want to share your final report with other Diving Log users you can send it to me and I'll put it on the reports download page. :angelic:
Jo

Post by Jo »

Might take me a while to finish it, but if it works out, I'll send it!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I want to use this thread to remind everyone that there is currently a report contest running where the company of the report designer is awarding several prizes for the best report file. The contest is running until July 30, so maybe there is enough time to send your report in.

For more informations click here.
Dive Houg

Post by Dive Houg »

Hi

I've been trying to do it like describe in this post ... how ever I've run into a problem.

In order to make the moste use of this feature I would like to be able to print multible sets of log's on A4 paper, containing 2 log's each in A5 format, and here I've run into problems.

If I assign the back side of the log to Base as described, then from page 3 and forward tha back side is printed on both front and back side. If I make a layer for Even pages as for odd pages, the back side wil not be printed at all.

I can't get it to do what i want ......... it's late and I'm tiered, maby that's the problem ??
70% of our planet surface is covered by water ......
Do I need to say more ??
.... Dive! Dive! Dive!