Report Designer - Changing paper sizes

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
No Waiting

Report Designer - Changing paper sizes

Post by No Waiting »

I'd like to modify an existing report, but can find no way of changing the paper size used on the original design.

Please could some kind person point me in the right direction?

Many thanks...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can change the size of the report in the designer in the menu Project > Page Setup. Change the values in the line "Size" and then the number per page in the last line. If you set these values to "1" only one report per page will be printed.
No Waiting

Post by No Waiting »

I may be being a bit thick here, but isn't that the size of the report on the phyiscal page.

I need to change the values along side Page, ie those not in an editable box. At the moment they read 297x210mm (Landscape A4), I'd like to change these to 210x297mm (Portrait)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I think this is only possible when creating a new report. When you are in the report designer:

- Click on File > New
- In the project wizard click on Next >
- Click Next > again
- In the "Printer choice for all pages" click on "Choice"
- Then you're able to change the paper size an orientation
- Click on Next > and then "Done"
Silver Sinker

Post by Silver Sinker »

Surely this is an oversight?

Being able to change page size is essential, given that various countries use different paper sizes. :?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Well, the report designer is a 3rd party component where I don't have any influence and I agree that this part could be made a little bit better. But if a report is smaller than the paper you print it onto, there is no need to change the paper size.

If the paper size is smaller than the report it wouldn't make sense to change only the paper size in the designer, because some parts would be cut of. So you have to create a new report for this smaller paper size. And if you select all elements of the bigger report, copy them and paste them on the new smaller file you must only resize the elements to have a new one.

So there is no need to change the paper size afterwards very often. Some kind of scale function would be surely great to scale a bigger report down to print it on smaller paper sizes. May be I'll suggest this to the report designer company :)
No Waiting

Post by No Waiting »

After some "playing" I have discovered that the uneditable paper size is obtain from the Printer settings...

Project, Page Setup, Printer Selection, Select

You can then select any paper size/format you want for the current report.

Hope this makes sense - it does it me :D
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thanks for the hint, this way you can even change the paper size afterwards. 8)