Windows Vista

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
LanceAj

Post by LanceAj »

I haven't tried out this file :P
The .dll need a registration tool like regsrv32 for .ocx?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, I think the file must be also registered with regsvr32 (make sure to run it from command promt with admin rights).
LanceAj

Post by LanceAj »

The module "c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.dll" has been loaded, but the access point DllRegisterServer has not been found.

Be sure that "c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.dll" in a valid OCX or DLL file, then retry.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Then the file must not be registered and you can copy the file into the System folder. Does Diving Log start now or which error do you get exactly?
mirek

Post by mirek »

I was able two play a little with your program. As long as UAC is on no problem with access but with UAC off program is not starting and comdlg32.ocx error is displayed. Unfortunately with UAC on my firefox is not working and this program I use daily so I have to pass on diving log till firefox will be fixed. Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

That's surprising, normally some programs have problems with UAC turned on, I've never heard about problems when it's off. I'll check Diving Log with UAC turned off again, but last time I don't had any problems. Btw, Firefox runs on my Vista with UAC turned on without problems.
mirek

Post by mirek »

There is documented firefox problem with some configurations on Vista PC's. They even have work around, but looks like my PS configuration with Vista Ultimate is creating different problems with different programs. I am sure that this is not normal and your program works well on majority of computers.
kreuzerkrieg

Post by kreuzerkrieg »

Just to make available in forum search
Problem synopsis: Suunto USB driver will not run on Windows Vista

Standard USB driver does not work on Windows Vista.
Appropriate Suunto driver for Vista should be downloaded and installed
Link to Suunto USB driver for Vista x86/x64: http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/artic ... 2534073470
God made every man different, Sam Colt made them equal.