Dive Location Information Button

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
lloyd_borrett

Dive Location Information Button

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Sven,

Something I meant to let you know about sooner.

When you hover the mouse cursor over the Dive Location "info" icon on the Logbook screen, Diving Log pops up the Dive Location information.

I store a lot of information about the dive loactions. So the result is that a huge amount of information flashes up onto the screen.

But it doesn't stay there as happens with the Country Info button. It flashes on and off. This is most distracting, and also makes it very difficult to actually select that you want to go into the Dive Location Details screen.

So there seems to be two problems here.

One, the Dive Location info button is working differently from the Country info button which is why it flashes, and it is difficult to click on the button. (Or maybe it is just the large popup window and amount of information triggering this behaviour.

Two, there is is too much information being put into the popup window. Maybe coming up with some way to limit this to say the details without comments.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, this is a good hint. I'll check the popups with large text informations, and I think the best way is to limit the text length which will be displayed.