Using divinglog in stead of SmartTRAK

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
@rno

Using divinglog in stead of SmartTRAK

Post by @rno »

Hello,

At this moment I only use SmartTRAK for my Uwatec SmartCOM.
I have downloaded the trial version yesterday and see that it can import the log from SmartTRAK, but this seems to me as double work.

Now I download my dives in SmartTRAK and assign the diveplace and buddy and all other things and than I can import in divinglog. I haven't thourougly played with divinglog, but at first glance it appears that there's not too much reason to start using divinglog or am i wrong in this?

It would be of much greater use if it would be possible to directly import from my SmartCOM to divinglog. Is it planned for the future to implement this feature?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Arno

You can download with SmartTrak and then import only the downloaded data into Diving Log and enter the additional informations in Diving Log. So you don't have to enter them twice. But if you want all your data also in SmartTrak you're right. But Diving Log has of course some more features (and more will come), e.g. a report designer for printing, advanced statistics, more export functions, connection to online logbooks and import functions from other dive computers (in the case you change at any time your computer).

A direct download is a complex function and not easy. I don't want to exclude it completely that there will be a direct download for the Uwatec Smart computers, but I can't promise it when or if there will be one.

This week a new update will be released, so you may want to download and test this one, too.

Kind regards,
Sven
@rno

Post by @rno »

Thanks for the update and I will definately check the new version because I must admit that I do see advantages over Smarttrak.