Feature Request: text box for MySQL export for table prefix

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
AndyDragon

Feature Request: text box for MySQL export for table prefix

Post by AndyDragon »

Currently I have to manually add the table prefix by editing the .sql file. It would be a nice addition to have a text box in the MySQL export to add table prefixes so instead of 'Brevets', the .sql file has 'AndyDragon_Brevets' or 'phpBB_AndyDragon_Brevets' so the same DB could be used for multiple users. Also, since this is likely quite static, it would be nice if this was remembered from export to export since it would be easy to forget and merge a bad DB export.
Andrew Forget
PADI IDC Staff Instructor 212158
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Andy

Good news, I'll release this week the next version of Diving Log where this feature is already included. Table prefix and a direct MySQL upload function.

Kind regards,
Sven

(I'll move this thread later on into the General section)
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Very cool, I like how you are responsive to changes in the product. Too many other dive log developers are not so agreeable!

I do have a couple of other questions/requests...

Is it possible to increase the number of user fields to 15 or 20? There is a lot of little bits of info I like to store in my logs which are not in predefined fields (such as RNT, ABT, TBT, Start NPG, End NPG, EAD for nitrox dives, safety stop time, course affiliation (was this my Wreck card dive, was this my Advanced OWD card dive), repetitive dive number, dive master, instructor, boat name, etc.

Also, I was reading in another forum entry that it was possible to calculate the total bottom time to date for reports, or is this in an upcoming version? I saw the CRD for the AlphaDivers but it used a user field for the running total.

The last request is less important, but a nice addition to think about for future versions - it's something Suunto's Dive software has and that's dive kits which is a collection of equipment under a single entry. I was able to group a bunch of pieces of equipment into a couple standard dive kits so I could quickly check off that my standard day kit was used plus a reel and my blue tank. Or that my standard night kit was used plus my red tank. From dive to dive we generally use the same fins, mask, gloves, boots, regs, gauges, bcd, knife, computer, etc. and this makes checking off the same old stuff easier.
Andrew Forget
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Very cool, I like how you are responsive to changes in the product. Too many other dive log developers are not so agreeable!
Thank you :)
Is it possible to increase the number of user fields to 15 or 20?
This was also requested in another thread and I'll give this a higher priority.
Also, I was reading in another forum entry that it was possible to calculate the total bottom time to date for reports, or is this in an upcoming version?
This will be also part of the update this week. There are 3 new fields in the report designer:

StatsDivetimeAll: Overall Bottom Time of all dives
StatsDivetimeBtSel: Bottom Time between the selected dives (e.g. from dive 5 to 10)
StatsDivetimeToSel: Bottom Time to last selected dive (e.g. to dive 10)
The last request is less important, but a nice addition...
There will be a great new feature in this update called "templates". You can create as much templates as you want with every data field(s) in it and apply it to existing dives or new dives. For example you can create a template with only the "Used Equipment" field in it and apply it to several dives. But there is also a "Equipment Set" in planning but not finnish until now.
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Great to hear all this stuff is in the works or planned Sven. Looking forward to the update.
Andrew Forget
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Sven,

Downloaded the newest version, lots of cool new stuff, but I think we missed each other on the accumlative dive time stats.

What I am looking for on each page is three variables:

1. StatsDivetimePrevious (the total of all dive times up to - but including - the current page)
2. StatsDivetimeCurrent (same as LogDivetime)
3. StatsDivetimeTotal (StatsDivetimePrevious + StatsDivetimeCurrent)

Is there another way to do this that I'm just missing? The second two are easy since 2. is available as LogDivetime and 3. can be calculated. It's mostly 1. that's important.
Andrew Forget
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Nevermind...I just RTFM and figured how to use a sum variable. These sum variables are very cool.

One question, is there a document about the 'Tools', what can be accomplished with them, how to write them, etc.

I'm a C++ developer who has been working in the .NET work for some time. I've got experience in Pascal, Chrome (ObjectPascal for .NET) and some Delphi as well as some Java, so there's not much which is too strange for me...
Andrew Forget
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Andy

Ahh, then we really missed each other. But the 3 new variables are also useful and the bottom time you meant can be calculated, as you said, with the sum variables. This is because the program doesn't know how many dives on each page will be printed. The sum variables are calculated during the print process. You can see also the usage of the sum variables in the Logbook.lst report file.

Best regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

One question, is there a document about the 'Tools', what can be accomplished with them, how to write them, etc.
The Tools menu is simply a kind of "Start" menu. You can add here shortcuts to any program or document on your computer. For example if you download your dives with the program of the dive computer manufacturer you can add here the shortcut to start this program. Or you can add a PDF deco table, a shortcut to a deco dive planner or something else.