Request for Add New behaviour

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
wvd_vegt

Request for Add New behaviour

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

When i press add-new in various dialogs I get a copy of whatever is present in the dialog at that time.

The problem is that if I press it when I did not change anything I get a 'duplicate' entry, after which it's impossible to tel which is the original and which is the new record. Personally I would prefer Add New to add a blank record and the selection on the left side of the dialog should be at the newly inserted record.

Other problem is when you want to press delete (for correcting a error click on Add New). I would like to be able to see in the dialog or get a warning if entries are used & unused so I can determine if a deletion is safe (and thus the item is indeed unused).

Finally as I posted earlier, in the buddy dialog the buddies of a previous dive remain selected, which is not always a good option escpecially when the list is long and you have to search for checked checkboxes.
Wim van der Vegt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, the add new behaviour is confusing and I'll change this in the next update, so that there will be a new item called "Unamed" with empty fields.

Regarding the Buddy selection: I unfortunately can't reproduce this. In edit mode I edit one dive, click on the info icon, select one or more buddies, click on OK, save the dive. Then I select the next dive, click on the info icon and no entry is selected. Or do you mean something different?

Kind regards,
Sven
wvd_vegt

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

I frequently have that divers from previous dives are still selected when I add a new dive. I think we're talking about the same thing.
Wim van der Vegt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, I found it. It's only when adding new dives, and not when editing existing dives, what I tested. I will fix this bug, thank you!