Question Regarding ppO2 Fields.

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ahrneely

Question Regarding ppO2 Fields.

Post by ahrneely »

So, I'm new to Diving Log and I've spent the past few days migrating my digital log book from DiverLog+. Now that I'm (mostly) done, I have several questions ... but I'll make each question it's own post so the threads stay on topic.

For this question, I want to ask about the ppO2 fields in the Tank section of the software.

I'm diving Open Circuit, so I don't likely have as much of a need for ppO2 as others would, however it's still nice to track total actual ppO2 from each dive ... especially when diving Nitrox.

In the "Tank & Gas" section, I see the field for "max ppO2" which, in DiverLog+, would be where I assume I'd put my calculation for actual total ppO2. However, when I do the calculations this changed the MOD and EAD to match my dive profile instead of actual.

For example: When diving EAN32, MOD is approximately 110 ft. but if I enter my actual ppO2 from the dive (say, 1.1) this changes MOD to less than actual MOD.

So, I guess my question is: In this "max ppO2" field, what am I supposed to enter? The actual maximum ppO2 (1.4 or 1.6) or the experienced maximum ppO2 of the dive (some number less than 1.4 or 1.6)?

I'm not sure if this makes sense, I'd be willing to clarify if there are questions.

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Question Regarding ppO2 Fields.

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The max and min ppO2 fields are meant as your personal limit for this dive (and to calculate MOD), not the actual ppO2 that happend during this dive. The actual ppO2 is calculated automatically by Diving Log for OC dives and displayed in the profile section.

Kind regards,
Sven
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (28.7 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
ahrneely

Re: Question Regarding ppO2 Fields.

Post by ahrneely »

Perfect. Exactly what I was wondering.

Thanks!