Manually Add Profile

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
wvd_vegt

Manually Add Profile

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

Could you add an option to manually enter a profile? I would like to see a kind of simple dialog that lets you chose from a couple of standard diving profiles like down to maxdepth, stay there a while and begin ascent with one of more deco stops.

The Profile tabs can't be used if you do not own a diving computer + pc interface.

The feature could also be used to do simple deco (and air usage) caclulations against one or more standard diving charts like padi/cmas.
Wim van der Vegt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Wim

This feature is already included in the current version 4.0.4. If you click in the logbook window on the tab "Profile Data" you can enter and edit the dive profile data.

Screenshot from the German version:

Simply enter a depth value and press Enter, then the next depth and so on.
wvd_vegt

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

Tried the new feature but it hangs the program when i add the following:

Depth 9 Ascent
Depth 9 Descent

Select the last line and press the interval button and enter 1200.

I noticed that it's neccesary to add data for each interval which isn't handy when you enter it manually (i assume it's because the dive computers work that way). Just entering the points where the slope changes is much less work when editing in manual mode.

Btw maybe it's an idea to make the time dialog a bit more user friendly by adding hour/minute/second fields to enter.
Wim van der Vegt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Wim

The interval must be entered only once, because its the same time between every data entry. You must enter the seconds between every dataentry, for example 20 or 60 seconds (not 1200).

When the slope doesn't change for a while you simply enter the depth in the textfield once and press the enter key on your keyboard so often, as you was diving on this depth. This goes really quick.

The other buttons are only warnings, so you don't have to press the ascent or descent buttons to enter the profile. I suggest to enter first the profile, and then you mark the lines where you want to enter a warning and press then the warning buttons.

To enter a profile:

- Setup the interval in seconds onces
- Enter the first depth and press enter on the keyboard
- Enter the second depth and press enter
- Enter the third depth and press enter
- If the slope doesn't change, press only enter several times to add new lines
- If you are finish and you want to add warnings, mark the lines where you had a warning and press the buttons in the toolbar.
wvd_vegt

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

1200 is 20*60 so it is valid as a number of second, just a bit large.

Btw 1199 seconds still works, 1200 freezes the application (13 lines of date starting at 0 seconds).

I assume the manual method mimics what divecomputers store but for manual entry it's not handy. If you would allow to enter time and depth at the same time you could perhaps silently expand it into a series.

Ps is it possible to plot the caclucated (or measured) air pressure as a graph too?
Wim van der Vegt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, maybe I can add a tool which will create the lines automatically between 2 depth and time values.
wvd_vegt

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

That would be great!

Maybe just have the user enter a list of depths and durations there would already be enough (with a standard descend & ascend speed). That would be simple to make and allow quite some divetypes to be entered.

Personally I'm mostly interested in where my 'air consumption' you cacluate from start & end pressure and depth.
Wim van der Vegt