Cannot download dives

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Gasman

Cannot download dives

Post by Gasman »

Hi,
I upgraded to 6.0 and even just took the latest update.

I cannot download from my Aladadin Air Z Nitrox directly, just keep getting DC_STATUS_PROTOCOL error :(
Then the Aladian just cycles through the dives until I unplug one of the connectors?

So I found out I could upload to memomouse and download from that. Well I could. ? :(

Now it just shows me an empty log window and no error?

I tried 5.0, that produced an error that the array was not large enough to hold all the data.?

The last time it worked on 6.0, it also put the DP pressure value as Starting Pressure?

What do I need to do to get these dives downloaded please.?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Cannot download dives

Post by divinglog »

Hello

Nothing has changed in the Aladin or Memomouse downloader for a very long time, so something on your side must have changed. Have you done a Windows update recently? Are you still using the same PC, interface cable, serial port etc? If the Aladin cycles through the dives, it indicates that there is some kind of connection problem which shortens the contact pins of the Aladin.

If the Memomouse download does not show any dives, make sure that "Only new dives" is not checked. Also, to check for any errors, activate "Log Errors" and post the error log so we can see what's going on.
Gasman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 23:11 The last time it worked on 6.0, it also put the DP pressure value as Starting Pressure?
That's how it always worked, there is no start and end pressure on Aladins, only DP.
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the same cables.
Official Aladin cable with a serial to USB converter.

Download worked fine the other night, showing all the dives in the memomouse.

I have Windows updates switched off, but as I only dive once a year, several updates even major will have occurred since last year, in fact the year before, as I did not dive last year.

Windows update history shows no updates since 15/01/20, so not sure why it worked with memomouse the other day.?

I've attached the exception that occurred when I was trying direct to Air Z nitrox.
Also a log file from another attempt.

FWIW I still have the old Datatrak software which expects the memomouse and have successfully downloaded all the dives to that as a test.

Edit:
I have just managed to import just the two last dives from the datatrak file, but obviously not a path I wish to take each time, but hoping this might show where the problems lies?

TIA
Attachments
DC_FAMILY_UWATEC_ALADIN.txt
(71.9 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Divelog error.txt
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The exception occurs because the error log is blocked by another application and cannot be overwritten, so this is unrelated to the download process. Make sure no other application is blocking the file during download or disable "Log Errors" to avoid this exception. Also restart Diving Log to make sure Diving Log isn't blocking the file due to an error.

The download log looks fine to me, however there seems to be a checksum error. Please try to download without "Log Errors" and without "Dump File" options. If you download the Aladin directly, make sure to select the correct Aladin model which you have (Aladin Air Z Nitrox). If you download with the Memomouse, make sure you select "Memomouse".

Make also sure you connect everything, then you press the download button in Diving Log and then you switch into logbook mode on the Aladin. It does not work the other way around. So first press download, then open logbook mode on the Aladin.