Copying multiple cylinders

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Cweord

Copying multiple cylinders

Post by Cweord »

Is there a way to include multiple cylinders in the template data, or to copy the cylinder set up from one dive to another (without copying the entire dive).

On a deep dive on my CCR I can have up to 5 cylinders, 2 on my re-breather and 3 bailout. As the bailouts are only used in an emergency they tend to have standard gasses in them, so would copy across really easily.

It is a pain having to enter them all each dive though.

Thanks

Bryan
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Copying multiple cylinders

Post by divinglog »

Hi Bryan

Yes, this is something on top of my todo list. But it's actually not so easy, because usually the cylinders are already created partly from downloading the dive computer. So it is normally not about copying the cylinders, it's about copying and merging the data like tank size and tank type. But matching which data goes into which cylinder is not trivial.

Such a function has to deal with all kind of combinations, like copying 5 cylinders into a dive with 3 cylinders or just one. I'm not sure how to do this properly.

Sven
Cweord

Re: Copying multiple cylinders

Post by Cweord »

Could you add an optional tag to the cylinders say 'Independant' which would allow you to exclude them from downloaded data?

Another tag could allow you to choose which gas profile they are attached to

I cannot see a logical way to do it automatically for most system, on a rebreather with a built in computer it would be easier, but with a more changeable system it would have to be manual.

If there is no data in that profile when imported, then the start and end pressures would just be empty so the user would have to input.

Would that work?

Bryan