Conditions Features

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
lloyd_borrett

Conditions Features

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Sven,

I hope you don't mind me providing you with my thoughts about Diving log? Please don't get me wrong, I think it's a great program.

One thing I like to do is record the visability for a dive in metres. Being able to specify the visibility this way, maybe even both vertically and horizontally would be great.

I also find it strange that the various "Conditions" type feature you already have are split between the Logbook and Additional views.

I'd like to see a "Conditions" view with Visibility, Weather, Altitude, Air temp, Water temp (Surface and Bottom), Waves, Current, Entry, Dive Type etc. all on this one view.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Lloyd

A lot of suggestions and I think it will take some time to implement all, but I'll do my best. :wink: :angelic:

I think it's not easy to say how much meters visibilty you have, but it's no problem to add fields for this. But you must know that in such a program you can't have standard fields for all cases, especially if the majority don't need such fields. For this I have added user defined fields and the comments box where you can write a lot of things. Also database changes during a main version are a little bit complicated, because all Diving Log logbooks must be changed on the next opening.

The reason why the conditions are split is, that Diving Log has a long release history and it's growing from version to version. So the main tab fields are very old, new ones are added and so on. I can redesign this only on the next major upgrade (version 5).

Sven