Import Excel or CSV Dive Profile?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Candive

Import Excel or CSV Dive Profile?

Post by Candive »

I am currently evaluating Diving Log 6.0. I understand that one can use the Log Book Table in Edit mode to copy cells from Excel and paste them into the Table. For single items such; as date, place, buddy, dive duration, ave depth, its relatively easy since I'm pasting one cell into one cell. Unfortunately, I am having problems pasting profile data such as the dive time recorded say every 30 seconds and the associated depth and temperature. It pastes the data from the first row of the copied excel column but not the following rows. Basically I am trying to paste a number of rows of a column into one cell which is the problem.

This data was not captured by a dive computer but by my Olympus TG Tracker video camera which has telemetry sensors built in so there is no 3rd party dive log which I can export/import.

Any suggestions on how to import the data would be appreciated.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Import Excel or CSV Dive Profile?

Post by divinglog »

This cannot be done in the table editor, because the dive profile is stored as one long string of text. You can go into the logbook window, then open the toolbar tab "Profile" and click on "Import". This allows you to select a *.csv file with the profile data of a single dive. You can export another profile to see how the file has to be formatted.

Another way is the profile editor, which allows you to paste profile data: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=1371