Crashing on or shortly after startup

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
jrtanner

Crashing on or shortly after startup

Post by jrtanner »

Today I went to log some dives and Diving Log crashed on me right on startup. I restarted the program and the logbook loaded up fine, but then before I started logging dives it crashed again. I tried an older logbook file, still crashed. I tried the default logbook from the installation, but also get a crash. Is this maybe something related to the DDoS attacks here in the US and Diving Log attempting to check for updates?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Crashing on or shortly after startup

Post by divinglog »

Hi

No, I don't think it is related to any connectivity issue. Is it a hard crash without any error message? If so, it is likely your security software which is blocking Diving Log. Try to disable it or add Diving Log to the list of allowed applications. Let me know if it still does not work.

Kind regards,
Sven
jrtanner

Post by jrtanner »

I couldn't seem to make it not hard crash, no matter what else I disabled or what exclusions I tried. So I went the simple route and reinstalled it. Worked fine after that! I'm using a ScubaPro G2 computer and am using the import files for that (the two files that get replaced in the installation folder). Not sure if that was related at all to the issue, but just so you have more info in case it comes up again!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, glad to hear a reinstallation fixed it!