Feature Request: Photos on the Dive Profile

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
NAUIDIVER

Feature Request: Photos on the Dive Profile

Post by NAUIDIVER »

Long time user, first time caller. LOL...
I've been using DL for several years and love the program. I came over from MACDive, another great application, just not as feature rich as DL6. One of the killer features I miss greatly is the auto photo processing.

In MacDive, you click Auto Photo and point it at the folder containing your dive photos and it reads the EXIF data and places each image on the dive profile at the point in the dive in which the photo was taken. I've included a screenshot to show what I'm talking about:
screen-capture.jpg
screen-capture.jpg (126.58 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
and
screen-capture-1.jpg
screen-capture-1.jpg (229.26 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
Sometimes the date and time are off, so it also allows you to bulk transform the EXIF data to correct for time off-sets or other unfortunate errors.

Would love a similar feature add to DL6...

What do other users think?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Photos on the Dive Profile

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you, I'm glad to hear you like Diving Log! Yes, I know the photo to profile feature from MacDive, it's really nice! And it's already on my to-do list for Diving Log :wink:

Kind regards,
Sven
NAUIDIVER

Re: Feature Request: Photos on the Dive Profile

Post by NAUIDIVER »

divinglog wrote:Hi

Thank you, I'm glad to hear you like Diving Log! Yes, I know the photo to profile feature from MacDive, it's really nice! And it's already on my to-do list for Diving Log :wink:

Kind regards,
Sven
That's great to hear (hope it's at the top). Love DL6. This would be icing on the cake!