Logbook for two divers

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
drhappy

Logbook for two divers

Post by drhappy »

I'm trying to determine the best path for tracking two divers (husband & wife). We're both running Shearwater dive computers and for my first attempt at using Diving Log 6.0 I exported / imported straight from the Shearwater desktop app.

Do I need to set-up two separate Logbooks?

Thanks in advance!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Logbook for two divers

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, I recommend to create two separate logbooks (menu File > New Logbook). If you want to exchange common data like dive sites, you can use the "Diving Log" import function to import data from another logbook file.

Kind regards,
Sven
ScubaMichael

Post by ScubaMichael »

Sven, in addition to this, I have a log book for me and for my son. Works fine, except when uploading stuff from Diving Log to websites and such. It remembers the last login for those websites, whether I'm in my logbook or the one of my son, so I need to change the username and password each time I switch a logbook. I partially solved that by using the same password for both my sons and my account, so I just need to change the username. But having multiple user profiles, each with their own settings would be a nice feature. No hurry though, tomorrow is fine ;)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, that is a good point! I'll try to find a solution for that.