Wrong Dive Times on Import/Download from Oceanlog/Veo 200

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
tmon

Wrong Dive Times on Import/Download from Oceanlog/Veo 200

Post by tmon »

I have been evaluating Diving Log 6 via an unregistered version. I have hundreds of dives over 35+ years to import, and wanted to be sure I could import (1) all my pre-Dive Computer dives, and (2) all dives thereafter. The solution to the earlier dives was fairly straightforward, using Table View and copy/paste from an Excel worksheet.

The problem I'm having is with importing dives from my older Oceanic Veo 200s. Whether I import the log directly from Oceanlog 2.5 or download directly from the device, a significant number of the Dive Times are incorrectly imported by Diving Log. As the sample below shows, any dive longer than 60 minutes is being reported 60 minutes short. (This varies by a minute on some dives, but my assumption is that is simply an internal rounding error based on additional seconds).

Actual Diving Log
71 min. 10 min.
67 min. 6 min.
41 min. 41 min.
70 min. 10 min.
68 min. 8 min.
74 min. 13 min.
59 min. 58 min.
72 min. 12 min.
75 min. 14 min.
66 min. 5 min.
71 min. 11 min.

The Dive Profile graph and data have the correct dive duration. Now, I could of course correct all of these entries manually, but there are a lot of dives to review and, for the time being at least, my daughters are still using their Veo computers, so it would be nice to have a more durable solution.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Dive Times on Import/Download from Oceanlog/Veo 20

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please send me your Oceanlog logbook file to info (at) divinglog.de. I'll have a look at the data and I'm sure it is easy to fix the importer. However I'm surprised when you say the direct download is also incorrect. Are the exact same dives affected? If so, it might be necessary to send some additional analysis data to Jef from libdivecomputer (I'll explain that in another post when I've looked at the logbook file).

Kind regards,
Sven
tmon

Post by tmon »

Hi Sven,

Having gone through so my iterations of my tests with multiple dive computers, I wanted to be sure that the issue was not the result of some error or confusion on my end. So I decided to repeat the test one more time this morning on just one computer, creating new logbooks in both Oceanlog and Diving Log 6. I am forwarding you the results by email.

The time issue I referenced is definitely present in the direct download from the computer (which is the method I would prefer to use, thereby eliminating oceanlog). Dives over 60 minutes are not reported correctly. It is a little less clear what is happening when the dives are imported from Oceanlog, in that the log is only partially imported (which I initially assumed was a limitation of the unregistered version). The data from the dives imported from Oceanlog don't appear to match up correctly with any of the actual dives.

Anyway, I hope whatever the issue is will be clear from the data I'm forwarding you. I appreciate your attention to this.

Bob
TnT

Post by TnT »

Download a memory dump of your dive computer and email me the zip file.

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=1879
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
tmon

Post by tmon »

File sent. Thanks!
tmon

Post by tmon »

Just a follow up to close the thread. Thank to Jef the data import issue from the Veo 200 has been resolved. I did not pursue the Oceanlog import issue further as there was very little data there that wasn't already on the computers.

Thanks Sven and Jef for your help!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Bob

I have not looked into the Oceanlog import yet, but I will certainly do so (I have to fix my virtual PC first to run Oceanlog). But I'm glad to hear Jef found the issue in the libdivecomputer downloader - thanks Jef!
TnT

Post by TnT »

You're welcome :-)
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html