Download from VTX

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
jvenneman

Download from VTX

Post by jvenneman »

I have been able to download from my VTX a few times, but now the program does not seem to see the Dive Computer when it is hooked up. The computer is showing connected, but when I go to the downloader, it does not show any ports as being in use, and thus I am unable to download my data.
TnT

Re: Download from VTX

Post by TnT »

Do you have the usb driver installed?
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

When no COM port shows up, either the driver is not installed correctly or it's a hardware issue (damaged cable, USB port, or dive computer connection).
jvenneman

Post by jvenneman »

TnT wrote:Do you have the usb driver installed?
It was but now is showing that the usb is not recognized. How does a Luddite correct this?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Try to (re)install Oceanlog, it contains the necessary drivers. It is also possible that the interface cable is defective or the connection to the dive computer is not good.
jvenneman

Post by jvenneman »

You guys were right, and are awesome. I looked at the connection and noted a black spot, like where a short circuit might have happened. Last time I tried to download when it stopped working, the unit was still wet, thus I likely sparked it. I scrapped off the black spot on the contact and now it works fine. Lesson learned!