Can we get logbook filter modified in next version?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
scubal

Can we get logbook filter modified in next version?

Post by scubal »

Program is awesome and I have been using it for years. One thing that is really frustrating however is not being able to easily filter by divetype from the logbook screen. Yes I know you can go through the tree view but its just not as intuitive. I am looking at the logbook and I want to press a button to only show 'night' or 'sidemount' or 'nitrox' etc.
You've made so many other great improvements I'm surprised this one isn't there still. 'Filter by type' is the most commonly required functionality for the average user by far.
Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Can we get logbook filter modified in next version?

Post by divinglog »

Thank you! You can use the filter function in the logbook window to quickly filter for nitrox. This function will be improved to display the dive type selection in the future. Rright now you have to enter the dive type id, but this is not easily to find. In future there will be a dropdown selection for the divetype field.
Image1.png
Image1.png (20.16 KiB) Viewed 5924 times
scubal

Post by scubal »

great - that would be the perfect solution.
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

FYI, quick and easy way to find divetype id is to open the mdb (I use freeware MDB Viewer Plus) and look at the DiveType table. All the ID and TypeName values right there. Most people don't add or edit dive types very often once they get set up so just take a screenshot and save it.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Not necessary anymore. Since version 6.0.7 you can select the dive types directly by name in the filter dialog.