Fields not imported from SDM1.6, other bugs

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
lappen

Fields not imported from SDM1.6, other bugs

Post by lappen »

I tried to import an exported logbook from SDM in ANSI csv FORMAT, the fields Dive Type is set to No Deco even if it's a Deco Dive and Rep.Dive is set to No when it should be yes.

Also tried to export the logbook to ASCII in CSV format, Diving Log failed to import that file I think the errormsg was in german but it showed me an example from the comments section.

Another problem I had, When I imported the ANSI file the dives wasn't ordered as in SDM, dives 1-11 became other numbers instead.

thanks for a hopefully good program, just found out about it and if you need any more information or my logbook I will send it to you.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The error message with the dive comments is due to quotation marks (") in the comments of the displayed dive. When you replace the double quotation marks with single the import should work. For example:

"Shark" -> 'Shark'

Sometimes the Dive Manager exports the dives in the wrong order. But you can order them after importing with the menu File > Sort Logbook.

Regarding the Deco and Rep bug it would be great if you can send me the exported files, so I can check where the problem is.

If you want you can update to Suunto Dive Manger 2.x, this import is easier to use in Diving Log (you don't have to export first). But I know that some Suunto users have problems with Dive Manager 2.x.

Kind regards,
Sven
lappen

Post by lappen »

email sent,

I will try SDM2 though I think it used to crash on my computer

The error message with the dive comments is due to quotation marks (") in the comments of the displayed dive. When you replace the double quotation marks with single the import should work. For example:

"Shark" -> 'Shark'
Isn't it possible to escape the double quotation in the class/function/code without to much effort?

// thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Isn't it possible to escape the double quotation in the class/function/code without to much effort?
Yes, but the Dive Manager has a bug in the export function. It exports quotation marks in the comments not as in the other fields like dive place. But I try to find a solution for this.
lappen

Post by lappen »

I will probably switch to sdm2 so I won't need it but I guess it would be a better experience for other sdm1 users out there :)
lappen

Post by lappen »

I thought about another function sdm has and I don't think diving log has it..

SDM stores warnings from the dive computer and shows them in the log, deco warnings, ascending to fast etc.. Would it be possible to have something like that in diving log though more advanced like showing it in the graph to.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

At the moment the warnings are imported into the dive comments, but I can add a special warning text field for this information.