Galileo Time Erro

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
LT1962

Galileo Time Erro

Post by LT1962 »

Hi,
After the last update to Diving Log 6.0, every time i download dives from my Galileo Luna, Diving Log adds one hour to the start and finish times of the dive. Any ideas why this is happening?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Galileo Time Erro

Post by divinglog »

Diving Log is now using the same date/time calculation as SmartTrak and is independet from summer/winter time. You have to adjust the UTC setting in the Galileo by one hour, then it will work for future dives.
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

Hi,
I have already adjusted the UTC as you suggest. That problem has occurred since then.
The time on my Galileo and computer are the same, the time recorded in the Galileo log is correct but when the dives are downloaded an extra hour gets added. This was not an issue after we went to daylight saving, the problem started after the last update. Prior to the update it all worked well.
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

Sorry I should have added that I download to SmartTrak as well. When the dives are downloaded into SmartTrak the times are correct.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, since the last update Diving Log ignores the daylight saving hour. The internal clock does not use this. Please compare your UTC setting in the dive computer and the UTC setting in Windows. They should be identical, but in your case they are probably one hour off. Changing the UTC will probably also fix only new dives, not existing dives.
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

So if I am correct, the only way to resolve this is to make my computer time incorrect, or to make my Galileo time incorrect so that when it downloads the time will correct? As I said, downloading to Smart Trak and all works as advertised. So if you are using the same system as Smart Trak there should be no error, but after the update there is now an error.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

No, you don't have to set your Galileo time or computer time incorrect. You only have to use the same UTC setting. Please tell me which UTC setting you're using in the Galileo and in your PC? You have not answered this yet.

I have spend a lot of time fine tuning this with other Galileo users and they all reported it is now correct. Once you've setup the Galileo UTC and time correctly, it will work correctly.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You have to use exactly the same time zone and time in your Galileo as in Windows:
tzdialog.png
tzdialog.png (155.8 KiB) Viewed 6238 times