Problems importing DL7 format

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
psimian

Problems importing DL7 format

Post by psimian »

When I import a DL7 file, the time data seems to get lost. After playing around with a few CSV files, with similar results, what appears to be happening is that Diving Log is using the row number of a cell as the time (in seconds), rather than the value stored in the cell.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Problems importing DL7 format

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please send me the DL7 file to info (at) divinglog.de. Which CSV format are you trying to import and how? There is no CSV import in Diving Log.

Kind regards,
Sven
psimian

Post by psimian »

I was trying to work around the problem by manually importing the profile data from a CSV. This produced the same results as the DL7. In both cases, the recorded time for each data point is somehow getting replaced with a sequential numbering. e.g. the third data point, which should have an elapsed time of 11 seconds, ends up with an elapsed time of 3 seconds.

Does Diving Log always assume that all data is recorded on 1 second intervals? If so, I know I can edit the raw CSV from the Techbuddy to give the correct results in Diving Log, but this adds several additional steps every time I want to import a log.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can edit the profile interval by clicking the clock icon in the "Profile" tab of the logbook toolbar. The interval is stored in seconds.