Downloading from multiple dive computers

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
autodrivel

Downloading from multiple dive computers

Post by autodrivel »

Hi,

I am using the Diving Log App on my Surface Pro 3 and have the following questions:

Can I download data from multiple Dive Computers into a single log book?
Conversely, can I set up, for example, 3 separate log books and download data from a different Dive Computer for each log book?
Can I then export the log books separately and import them into different apps, e.g. one into iPad, one into Windows Phone, etc?

Is this acceptable usage of the software from a licensing viewpoint (assumes that the importing apps are appropriately licensed)?

The rational behind these questions are as follows: My normal diving group is myself, my wife and my sister-in-law. We all have the same Dive Computer model (Suunto Zoop). I use a Surface Pro 3, the others use iPads. The iOS devices cannot download directly from the Zoop, so I wish to use the SP3 to handle all of the downloading chores and then export to the iPads following that.
I have purchased a single computer lead for Zoop, but have no desire to pay for 2 more of the, frankly, outrageously-priced leads.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Downloading from multiple dive computers

Post by divinglog »

autodrivel wrote:Can I download data from multiple Dive Computers into a single log book?
Yes
autodrivel wrote:Conversely, can I set up, for example, 3 separate log books and download data from a different Dive Computer for each log book?
Yes (File > New Logbook)
autodrivel wrote:Can I then export the log books separately and import them into different apps, e.g. one into iPad, one into Windows Phone, etc?
Yes, with the desktop application. Syncing data with Windows Phone works also in Diving Log Touch via OneDrive, iOS Sync is only possible in the desktop application.
autodrivel wrote:Is this acceptable usage of the software from a licensing viewpoint (assumes that the importing apps are appropriately licensed)?
Yes, no problem.

Make sure that you have opened the correct logbook file before importing dives or syncing with iOS devices. Everything you do affects the currently opened logbook file. Make also sure you update only one device and sync the changes directly to the other devices. E.g. do not import dives on the Surface and change anything on the iPad. First sync from the Surface to the iPad, then you can make changes on the iPad, which you sync back to the Surface. If anything is unclear, please feel free to ask.

You can also exchange common data between your 3 logbooks on the Surface with the "Diving Log" import function, e.g. dive sites.
autodrivel

Re: Downloading from multiple dive computers

Post by autodrivel »

That is very clear.
Thanks for the information.