What Import Function of Diving Log do you use?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints

I use the Diving Log import

Uwatec Aladin Download
13%
ReefNet Sensus Download
1%
Suunto Download
13%
Uwatec SmartTrak
12%
Uwatec DataTrak
4%
Mares IRIS
11%
Mares DCDS 2000
No votes
Mares DCDS
No votes
Suunto Dive Manager 1
2%
Suunto Dive Manager 2
18%
Oceanlog, Aeris, Sherwood, Seeman Sub
21%
PC LogBook (Cressi, Apeks, Tusa, Scubapro)
2%
Citizen Aqualand
No votes
Nothing (enter by hand)
4%

Total votes: 112

CompuDude

Post by CompuDude »

I use SmartTrak with my Uwatec SmartTec.

I am not thrilled by Diving Log's import of the SmartTrak data, however. There are a LOT of things that don't come over, or come over incorrectly. The raw basics seem to be ok, but there's a huge amount of room for improvement.
pipposlabs

import

Post by pipposlabs »

I import from uwatec smart track but i loss some data...
my computer is watec smart com
kreuzerkrieg

Suunto Download

Post by kreuzerkrieg »

Using direct download from Suunto Vyper. For some reason the Nitrox setting for each particular dive is not imported. Nice to have feature
Smokeater

Post by Smokeater »

I've been using SDM2. I have tried to use the direct down load but was unable to get a com port to work. I think it's because I have a USB connection for my Suunto?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Normally the USB interface should also work with the Suunto Downloader.
kreuzerkrieg

Post by kreuzerkrieg »

Smokeater wrote:I've been using SDM2. I have tried to use the direct down load but was unable to get a com port to work. I think it's because I have a USB connection for my Suunto?
You have to install Suunto USB driver prior to downloading, disconnect you DC from PC, download driver from http://www.suuntosports.com/mysuunto/downloads/USB/ install it, reconect your DC, enjoy the direct download :)
God made every man different, Sam Colt made them equal.
Smokeater

Post by Smokeater »

OH man thanks for the link, It works great now.!!
phillik

Old Aladin new Suunto

Post by phillik »

I have been using an Aladin PRO for 8 years (269 dives and 65% battery left) using a home made PC interface and WLOG. I got a new Vyper for £175 (€258) and sold my Aladin for £85 (€125) on Ebay :)

I was looking for a method to import my Aladin logbook into SDM2 and kept finding reference to Diving Log 4. I found the SDM2 offered very little reporting, it did looked pretty, except statistics are useless, and no way to import Aladin logs. Diving Log 4 looks great and has many good reporting/statistic tools. (still not quite as good as WLOG for statistics, but so much more flexible!)

The import went well but for a few fields missing that were WLOG extensions anyway. Some things are very different, i.e. vizability. It would be nice to have a "Meters Viz" or at least some more options (Crap is one for UK) or user definiable!

Well Done, Sven. So far so good. A worthy migration from WLOG/DataTrak.

A couple of questions please.
Will a home made Vyper serial interface work?
Can anybody help on the formula to report "Total Dive Time to Date" (missing from the AlphaDivers.crd)

Thanks
Kenny Phillips. Dive Leader, BSAC 060, Aldershot Dolphins. UK
|/
|\enny
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Kenny

Thank you for your feedback! :)
(still not quite as good as WLOG for statistics, but so much more flexible!)
What statistics are you missing, is it the filtering by years?
It would be nice to have a "Meters Viz" or at least some more options (Crap is one for UK) or user definiable!
:lol: Yes, I want to add in version 5.0 a horizontal and vertical visibility text field.
Well Done, Sven. So far so good. A worthy migration from WLOG/DataTrak.
Thank you :D
Will a home made Vyper serial interface work?
Yes, the direct download should work with that.
Can anybody help on the formula to report "Total Dive Time to Date" (missing from the AlphaDivers.crd)
This should be what you're looking for:

viewtopic.php?t=368#1493
https://www.divinglog.de/english/downloa ... vetime.zip

I'm working at the moment on a new tutorial with some more tips and tricks for the report designer, like calculating the exit time.

Best regards,
Sven
phillik

Statisitcs filtering

Post by phillik »

Sven,
Yes it was being able to filter for Year/Month on some items. Being BSAC, the Diving Officer wants to see the years Log book with Statistics for the years diving. WLog filtered and displayed but not printed well. I used Screen shots which impressed.

The only other thing I will miss will be the dive list on the left displayed Dive, Date, and Site (Dive Location). This made it quick to locate a dive.

Thanks for your prompt and caring support. :D
|/
|\enny
phillik

USB Suunto direct download

Post by phillik »

kreuzerkrieg wrote:
Smokeater wrote:I've been using SDM2. I have tried to use the direct down load but was unable to get a com port to work. I think it's because I have a USB connection for my Suunto?
You have to install Suunto USB driver prior to downloading, disconnect you DC from PC, download driver from http://www.suuntosports.com/mysuunto/downloads/USB/ install it, reconect your DC, enjoy the direct download :)
I borrowed a USB interface for my Suunto. Loaded the drivers first and tried to perform a Suunto Transfer Import. This fails to locate the Vyper on USB Com 16. I have tried this on 3 of my PC's now. But it works when I use Suunto DM2. Should I avoid buying a USB and get a Serial one :?:

Any ideas please
|/
|\enny
kreuzerkrieg

Re: USB Suunto direct download

Post by kreuzerkrieg »

phillik wrote:
kreuzerkrieg wrote:
I borrowed a USB interface for my Suunto. Loaded the drivers first and tried to perform a Suunto Transfer Import. This fails to locate the Vyper on USB Com 16. I have tried this on 3 of my PC's now. But it works when I use Suunto DM2. Should I avoid buying a USB and get a Serial one :?:

Any ideas please
Why COM 16? it supposed to be on COM3. It worked fine for me and friends of mine who have Suunto Vyper
God made every man different, Sam Colt made them equal.
phillik

Getting Suunto Transfer to work

Post by phillik »

A very good pointer. Thanks.
This was the answer for me. I think it will help a few others too!

My PC seems to have a large number of COM ports because of the BlueTooth adapter. Installing the Suunto USB Drivers put it on COM16. JConn Suunto Transfer was "Unable to Open the Port" perhaps it seems this port number is too high a device for it. :cry: (however Suunto DM2 did work!)

Answer. Going into my PC's Device manager, Ports (Com & Lpt), selecting Properties for "Suunto USB Serial Port (com16), Port Settings, Advanced..., I was able to locate and select Com2 as being available. I set this and then the Suunto Transfer accessed my Vyper on Com2. :D

I get memory errors but I think this is because my brand new Vyper does not yet have any dives.
|/
|\enny
James Connell

Re: Getting Suunto Transfer to work

Post by James Connell »

phillik wrote: My PC seems to have a large number of COM ports because of the BlueTooth adapter. Installing the Suunto USB Drivers put it on COM16. JConn Suunto Transfer was "Unable to Open the Port" perhaps it seems this port number is too high a device for it. (however Suunto DM2 did work!)
The Downloader makes use of a Thirdparty component to control the COM Port selection. Unfortunately, this component is limited to Ports 1 through 9. It won't recognize higher numbered ports.
phillik wrote:Answer. Going into my PC's Device manager, Ports (Com & Lpt), selecting Properties for "Suunto USB Serial Port (com16), Port Settings, Advanced..., I was able to locate and select Com2 as being available. I set this and then the Suunto Transfer accessed my Vyper on Com2.
This is Indeed the solution. For more information see:
http://customidea.com/shop/support/VCPC ... e6ffdd43ec

If your system does not have a RS232 port, than COM2 is a good choice. If it Does than I would recommend port 3 or greater.
phillik wrote:I get memory errors but I think this is because my brand new Vyper does not yet have any dives.
Please be more specific. What errors and what is the error? The Downloader Should be fine with an empty computer, but a regression may have appeared since that was last tested.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
phillik

New Suunto Vyper transfer

Post by phillik »

Sorry, but I had dived since your post and me reading it. It does transfer but I cannot reproduce now.
|/
|\enny