Ascent Descent Rate import/print

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
elevator000

Ascent Descent Rate import/print

Post by elevator000 »

Hi
is there possibility to write functions on projecting print form for printing descent rate?
is this data imported form dive comp? - mares nemow w . 2 and uwatec g. luna?

Regards

El.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Ascent Descent Rate import/print

Post by divinglog »

Hi, just drag another LogProfile graphic to your print report, double click the graphic and change the profile type to "Ascent Rate". This profile is always calculated by Diving Log, not imported.
Image1.png
Image1.png (42.69 KiB) Viewed 6938 times
elevator000

Post by elevator000 »

Hi
Maybe better than graph of descent/ ascent could be simple numerical data f.e. MaxDescentSpeed : 30 m/min
?

Regards
El
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for the suggestion! A max. ascent speed is currently not available. However, as Diving Log calculates the ascent rate from the depth profile and applies some normalization to avoid spikes, I'm not sure if such a value would be really meaningful. In the end it is a rather theoretical value, calculated after the dive and far from what actually happened during the real dive.
elevator000

Post by elevator000 »

Hi
Ok, can you explain how to read graph f.e on 5 min on your post above - what is the ascent descent speed?:)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The Y-Axis on the left shows you the speed in m/sec or ft/sec. At 5 min, I would guess it's about 1 m/s ascending, but this is calculated based on the depth profile. During the dive, the computer might have displayed something completely different. The calculated speed also varies by the time frame, which you analyze. If your computer records at one second interval and you just look at the difference in this second, you'll get huge speed values if you just raise your arm.
Björn Van Brussel

Post by Björn Van Brussel »

divinglog wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2015 14:52 The Y-Axis on the left shows you the speed in m/sec or ft/sec. At 5 min, I would guess it's about 1 m/s ascending, but this is calculated based on the depth profile. During the dive, the computer might have displayed something completely different. The calculated speed also varies by the time frame, which you analyze. If your computer records at one second interval and you just look at the difference in this second, you'll get huge speed values if you just raise your arm.
Hi all,

I'd like to get back on this topic since I used to work with a dive logging software where the ascent rate 'violation' was clearly indicated in the graph as a red bar. I guess this was info taken immediately from my dive computer (Aqualung i750tc) since I presume it shows when the alarm was active on the dive computer and not by calculation by the program. Min interval time on the i750 is 15 seconds so this arm-up-down-moving would have no effect...

I kind off miss this info in the graphs :) Let me know if you need a logfile to check it.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Björn

Diving Log shows ascent rate warnings in the profile, when the data is available:

Image1.png
Image1.png (36.86 KiB) Viewed 6077 times