Problem importing Location and DiveSite

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
dvleemin

Problem importing Location and DiveSite

Post by dvleemin »

When exporting a UDCF file, it concatenates the location and dive site name into Location - DiveSite. This makes sense to me because there is only one field in the UDCF File for location. However, when importing UDCP files it doesn't parse the location field into a Location and Dive site name if the imported field is in Location - DiveSite format. Can this be fixed?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Problem importing Location and DiveSite

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Can you explain a little bit what you're trying to achive? If you want to exchange data between 2 Diving Log logbook files, UDCF is not the best way, because you'll loose a lot of other data. Instead use the "Diving Log" import function to move data between Diving Log logbook files.

Kind regards,
Sven
dvleemin

Post by dvleemin »

divinglog wrote:Hi

Can you explain a little bit what you're trying to achive? If you want to exchange data between 2 Diving Log logbook files, UDCF is not the best way, because you'll loose a lot of other data. Instead use the "Diving Log" import function to move data between Diving Log logbook files.

Kind regards,
Sven
I have a spreadsheet of dives I want to import. I was going to convert to UDCF since UDDF is not supported. Is there a better way?

Darryl
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Darryl

I think it it easier to copy and paste the data column by column into the logbook table editor:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=142

When you paste into the last row, new dives are created automatically.

Kind regards,
Sven