Equipment options?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Storker

Equipment options?

Post by Storker »

I'd really like to see more options re: the "Divesuit" field.

Features I'd like to see are:
  • Wetsuit thickness
  • Drysuit type (membrane/trilam, crushed neoprene, neoprene, etc.)
  • Undergarment type/weight (preferably customizable, as some drysuits only call for a light, non-specialized type of undergarments like wool underwear)
  • Glove type (wet/dry, thickness, #fingers)
  • Hood thickness
The equipment options now aren't very helpful when it comes to tracking weighting vs exposure protection and tank type/number of tanks, or exposure protection vs water temperature.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Equipment options?

Post by divinglog »

The divesuit field is a free text field, so you can enter any data you want. New items even show up in the dropdown when you open the logbook window the next time. Or you add all divesuit items to the equipment list and check each item in the "Used Equipment" list for each dive.
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

One more thing about equipment: maybe will be cool if it possible make a set of equipment. For example, I have many items for underwater photo: housing, some ports, strobes, arms, etc. After each dive I need mark every item in my list of equipment. It will be good to make set of housing, port, strobes... call it "FotoMacro" for example and mark this set only and then all items including in this set automatically included in list "Used equipment". What do you think about it?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Equipment Sets are planned, however you can basically do that already today with templates:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=1360

Just create a template with the "UsedEquip" field selected for each equpment set and apply it to any number of dives to apply the equpiment set.