SAC Rates

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ausiwi66

SAC Rates

Post by ausiwi66 »

Hi there, have been using this program now for a while and it is great but have just noticed that my first 20 dives all have the sac rates shown however from there on in they are all showing 0. Being a reasonably new diver i was finding this a great tool as i was comparing the rates now i have nothing to compare to see how im going, how do i get these to show up again? Cheers
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: SAC Rates

Post by divinglog »

Hi

If the SAC rate is not displayed, some piece of data is missing. If you have dive profiles from the computer, you only have to enter start- and end tank pressure and tank size (and working pressure in imperial units). If there is not profile, you also have to enter the average depth and the dive time. Read more here: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=765

Cheers,
Sven
Storker

Post by Storker »

The SAC rates calculated by DivingLog are almost consistently about 10% (9±5% for my dives) higher than those calculated by Suunto's DM3 software. Why?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Unless you know how Suuto calculates the SAC rate, nobody can answer this. In the blog post linked above I describe how Diving Log calculates the SAC rate.