Printing Tanks / Gas

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
TomMelvin

Printing Tanks / Gas

Post by TomMelvin »

Is there a way when exporting dives to pdf (or another format) the ability to include with the dive detail the gases used e.g. the details in the 'Tanks and Gas' tab.

Could not see any option in the report designer

Thanks
Scubanomad

Re: Printing Tanks / Gas

Post by Scubanomad »

Here is how I did it: In order to get it to say Nitrox XX% or Air I did this workaround, add a custom field with the following formula:
"Gas Type: "+Cond(LogO2=21,"Air ") + Cond(not LogO2=21,"Nitrox ") + str$(LogO2,0,2) + "%"
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Currently you can only print the details of the first tank, but not the additional tanks you may have used. I'll include that in an update.
TomMelvin

Post by TomMelvin »

It was the multiple tank part I wanted.

Thanks for considering it for next update.
KBinoth

Post by KBinoth »

Hi Sven!

Any update on the additional tanks used? Have recently gotten into more technical diving & would like to print stats pertaining to my deco stages, etc.

Many thanks for your fantastic efforts so far. Am loving your software.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like Diving Log! Thank you also for this reminder, it was a little bit out of my mind. I'm thinking about the best approach how to provide this data. The problem is, the number of tanks is variable for each dive and the print designer can handle only one list of data, which is the list of dives. But each dive has also a list of up to 10 tanks.

So I either can provide a preformatted text field with the data of all tanks with tabs and linebreaks, but this is a bit unflexible to integrate into the reports. Or I have to define ten O2, He, Startpressure, Endpressure, PO2 and tank size fields, which are a lot of fields. It is also difficult to integrate, because the number of tanks are variable, so it is not clear how many fields actually contain any data.

I think I can easily integrate the first solution (one table like text field) into the next update, which could look like this:

Code: Select all

Tank 1: 12 L Aluminum (Nitrox 32)
Tank 2: 8 L Steel (O2)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This will be implemented in the next update. I've added some new variables which contain the tank list data in form of table colums. You can re-arrange each column field and modify the column alignment in the properties:

Image1.png
Image1.png (34.92 KiB) Viewed 6373 times