Cylinder pressures in Logbook tab

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
AmboSteve

Cylinder pressures in Logbook tab

Post by AmboSteve »

Hi, firstly I want to congratulate you on an excellent product. I had been using DM3 then made the rash decision to upgrade to DM4, which proved to be a big mistake. While searching online I found the trial version of Dive Log and was impressed enough to make a purchase.

I normally dive with twin cylinders of air but am quite lazy about recording my gas switch on my Suunto Vytec as the % oxygen is the same so the decompression calculations will remain unchanged. I'll be recording the changes in future so this info will be available for the log.

Due to my recent change to your software I have been inputting my dive information, maps, gps coordinates, etc and have encountered a problem. The Log Book tab is showing the pressures recorded on my Vytec, so I am recording the second cylinder using the "Tanks and gas" icon and inputting all the relevant information. After saving the new cylinder information, the log book is still only showing the pressure recorded on the computer and not taking account of the second cylinder information. Is there a way that I can either show this second cylinder pressure in the Log Book tab either separately or by combining the start and end pressures? At the moment, because only computer recorded pressure is shown my SAC is considerably lower than it should be.

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere on your website or in the forum, and I look forward to your response.

Thanks again. Steve
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Cylinder pressures in Logbook tab

Post by divinglog »

Hi Steve

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like Diving Log! In the logbook window, only the first tank data is displayed and can be edited. All additional tanks are only displayed in the tank & gas window. I want to add a way to see all tanks directly in the logbook window in the future.

To get the correct SAC calculation working, you would have to add gas (tank) switches manually in the profile afterwards, if you have not switched during the dive:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=765

Kind regards,
Sven