Error when downloading from Mares Icon

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
fribse

Error when downloading from Mares Icon

Post by fribse »

When I import from my Mares Icon, I get this message:
error.png
error.png (12.72 KiB) Viewed 10465 times
But it seems to import the log nevertheless?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Error when downloading from Mares Icon

Post by divinglog »

Hi

When has this problem started? Have you installed an update (Diving Log or someting else)? You're the 2nd one with this problem recently and I'm trying to find the similarities. Which Windows version and security software do you have?

The strange issue is, that just the downloader seems to be affected. Manual updating dives seems to work fine.

Kind regards,
Sven
fribse

Post by fribse »

divinglog wrote:When has this problem started? Have you installed an update (Diving Log or someting else)? You're the 2nd one with this problem recently and I'm trying to find the similarities. Which Windows version and security software do you have?
The strange issue is, that just the downloader seems to be affected. Manual updating dives seems to work fine.
No updates, I've seen this for a while, can't excactly say how long, as I'm not updating that often.
I'm using Bullgard as antivirus/firewall, OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I think this can happen when you download the update zip file with the latest Divelog.exe file. Sometimes Windows blocks these files. Try to download and install the latest installer.
fribse

Post by fribse »

After updating it with the windows installer I don't see the error if I update a dive or import a dive again as a new dive.
I'm probably going diving later today, so I hope I can test it out properly with a new set of dives.
fribse

Post by fribse »

I finally got some dives today, and when importing the logs, I got the same error again...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Try to reinstall Diving Log from the latest complete setup. Try also to move your logbook file to a different location and open it from there. And try to download dives into a new, empty logbook file to see if that works.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please try also to downgrade to Version 5.0.12 (just install it on top of 5.0.13)

https://www.divinglog.com/download/Divinglog5012Upd.exe

Then try the downloader to see if it works again. Later on you can go back to version 5.0.13:

https://www.divinglog.com/download/Divinglog50Upd.exe

Do you have Windows 7 or Vista?
fribse

Post by fribse »

Just installed the .12, and that imported the two dives of today without issues.
I upgraded to .13 again, and tried reimporting the last dive, no error. Though it has done so before, I'll try importing again later this week, when I get some more diving done.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This is defenitely a strange error and hard to reproduce. I think it has to do with the switch from .NET Framework 2.0 to 3.5 during the latest update. But it looks like the import still works, so maybe I can add code that just ignores this error. However I rather would like to find out the root of the problem.
fribse

Post by fribse »

I'm running on Win 7
Just imported two fresh dives today, and got the same error again.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Then you should see a slightly longer error message. If so, please post it here again. Then I'll also know the location where the error happens.
fribse

Post by fribse »

Hmm, not much new there, I've taken a small movie of it:
http://screencast.com/t/gBM0EoqOQ
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, really strange bug. I've uploaded another update, could you try it again to see if it has a slightly different message: Divelog.zip.

Edit: I think I found the root of the problem. Could you please try to delete this file:

C:\ProgramData\Diving Log\Downloader.db

Please note that this file is the "ProgramData" folder, not "Program Files"! The Program data folder is hidden by default, so you must enable "Hidden Files and Folders" in Windows Explorer.

Kind regards,
Sven
fribse

Post by fribse »

Ok, I'll try it out when I get some more dives.